Day 4 in Kyoto for me is very meaningful, as I really went to lots of places and experienced lots of Japanese culture, which was why I broke it into 3 parts.
Now is Kyoto Night Time. After we were well fed by the Matsui Honkan room maid, we were contemplating whether going to Gion or trying out the famous public bath in our ryokan.
Well...., luckily we managed to drag off our lazy bump and went to Gion instead, as we felt it is quite wasting that we didn't explore the old part of Japan.
First Stop was Yasaka Shrine, which was located around 20-25 minutes away by foot.
This shrine was recommended by our ryokan owner, as it is famous for its cherry blossom. It is located in Gion area, which is one of the oldest town in Japan.
The entrance.
After the entrance, there were a few stalls selling Japanese delicacy, but too bad that we were already too full that we didn't have the appetite to try it out. Now to think of it, quite regret that I didn't have the chance to try it.
Japanese really loves their sakura. Inside the shrine, after a short walk, we saw lots of people sitting under the sakura trees having supper. Aiiihhh..., too bad I didn't try it out!
I supposed it will be nice to sit under sakura enjoying some sake to warm up body, and alcohol is off limit to me.
Inside the shrine, there is a very big and old sakura tree, and it is blooming! So beautiful! No wonder the shrine is famous of sakura especially at night time.
Me with the tree.
After the visit to the shrine, we walked back to Gion, and after a wrong turn (Thank God!) we found this paradise! Until now I still do not know the name of this place, but it is simply beautiful with lots of sakura blooming.
It seems like a really old area, since the wooden building are quite small and seems old, occupied by high end restaurants (or was it tea houses?). I supposed this is where all the geishas and maikos work! Just that we didn't catch any glimpse of them.
On our way back to ryokan, we saw lots of interesting things, like several bodyguards standing in front of pubs/disco/whatever it is, and there was a notice that said something like 3000yen/30 mins. There was a skimpily dressed woman as well with them (again, I wonder how did she stand the coldness? It's 6 degree celcius!)
I was wondering what place was that, and if not because of CK keep on pulling me away, I might (now, I emphasize, MIGHT, heheh) go in to check it out. Maybe it's something like pole dance or Japanese gal show, but I would never find it out. CK forbid. sigh~~~
Stumled upon another alley with lots of sakura again. :P
And along the way, there were lots of shops, selling okonomiyaki. Now.., this is really the biggest regret, I didn't try it. :(
See.., it's so good that dogs will chase and pull down ur pants if you buy it.
And that concludes our Day 4 in Kyoto. The next is Day 5, which was spent in Kyoto and Hakone.
1 comment:
YESSS!!
The best above all...
Post a Comment