Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Day 1 - KL - Hongkong - Tokyo

Hmm.., day 1 is not a dear day for me during our trip to Japan, since we spent the whole day on flight. :(

Our flight started in the morning, from KL to Hongkong for 3.5 hours. After reaching HK, we thought we have time to stroll around, since there is a 2 hours period before our next flight. Who knows the HK airport is gigantic, and our flight happens to be at Gate no. 74!

We walked from gate 20 non stop to gate 74, which took us around 45 mins, of course with some stopping to check out the shops around lah. :)

So after we reached the gate, within 15 mins is the boarding time. Hmm..hm..hm...

Then our flight continue from HK to Narita Tokyo, which took another 5 hours. Wah lau.., cramp lah kaki~

Fast forward to Narita, we reached around 8.30pm, and the waiting time for the immigration is 30 mins! Sigh~



I was distressed by the long flight on that day, and still gotta wait for the long long queue. Afterward, waiting for our luggage and then boarding train from airport to Asakusa where our hotel is located (for the first night).

We arrived Asakusa station at around 10.30pm, and nothing warned me about the weather at all.., I almost freezed from the cold night weather in Tokyo, luckily, I did have my jacket handy, but no cover for my ears. After some scouting around, we managed to find our hotel.

But nothing prepare me a hotel room like this! *Almost pengsan* Bear in mind please, boycott this hotel. For the same price, I can get a comfortable business hotel room in Osaka!



I specifically asked for private double rooms during booking, but was given bunk bed instead. S@#$@#% But since I was so tired when I arrived, all I want was food and sleep.

Luckily there was a convenient store around the hotel, and CK went to buy our dinner. Simple and delicious. (Oh yes, I forgot to put this in the list of What I like about Japan!). Bentos that you buy in convenient store are VERY delicious and cheap!

No table in the room, so we eat on our bed, suddenly feel so pitiful. Sigh~



Bad bad First Day~

2 comments:

Private Room for Public said...

What a tough journey!
I cant imagine how tiring it was
Cant wait to read the rests!

CKNonie said...

Hahah.., well, quite tiring, but we are tough young couple. Anyway, with the hard days only we can enjoy the good days which were waiting ahead of our journey.

:)