They seated us at the living hall, and served us with freshly made green tea with some Kyoto speciality cookies.
Hmmm.., just what I needed after a cool and tiring day. While we were enjoying our tea, they arranged for our backpacks to be sent to our room, room no. 401. After we were done, the manager quickly come over and show us to our room and introduced the room maid to us. I was too shy to ask for picture from the maid. :D
And this is our room. I was soooooo glad to see it, at least a bigger room and looks very very comfortable.
And we were like small children exploring our room, found out a pair of yukata + jacket to be worn within the ryokan.
So after shower, we took some rest, but.., there is no bed to be found! So we just rested on the chair looh...
And afterward our room maid served us our dinner sharp at 6.30pm as per our initial request.
Look at our dinner set! It is really a work of art by itself! Too beautiful to eat.
Now.., to make you guys drool further, this is the break down of our dinner.
Super Fresh Sashimi
Shabu Shabu, we were supposed to put everything in this plate to our boiling soup
Main, at least I assumed so. I remember the pink color thing tasted good, but cannot recall what it tasted like.
Side dishes, I forgot what those sides consisted of already....
Our Shabu shabu
Some weird looking food, dunno whether it is side dish or dessert, I didn't dare enough to eat anyway.
And lastly our dessert, some mochi, a very beautiful one at that. :D
And although those food are really a work of art, and just too beautiful to eat. But for the gluttons like us, our stomach lay supreme against the art. Hehe...
The aftermath.
After we were finished with our dinner, the room maid came again to clean up everything and laid out our futon (bed at last!)
With a little bit of personal touch like this on our pillows! I was really surprised by their gesture!
After some relaxing time, we decided to go out to enjoy Kyoto night view, especially Gion, and this was what we found! Astounded!
Until now I am still wondering, what was the room maid thinking of when she polished our smelly shoes!
To be continued with our Kyoto Night View entry and Matsui Honkan morning experience. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment