Monday, April 13, 2009

TCK1920 Hakkakaya

CK promised me a lunch treat in Kura Japanese Restaurant last Saturday, however due to lateness, we found out that Kura was closed at 3pm! Sigh...., we shouldn't had dropped Ning to Sunway for the darn concert (David Archulato, or something like that), which made us arrived at 1 Utama a little bit after 3pm.

That meant another alternative was in order. But I was too hungry to think of anything, that anything will do, and we settled for this TCK 1920 Hakkakaya.

Hakkakaya is basically another kopitiam concept with modern twist. The food they offered ranges from local delicacies to Chinese food to Western food and Chinese dessert.

Order was swift, with CK ordering the best food in the modern kopitiam.

Curry Laksa (RM11.90)


I ordered Lemongrass Chicken (RM14.90). Well, I was expecting the Vietnamese Style, so understandable it was a disappointment for me. The chicken was usually used as chicken chop type with black pepper sauce, served with Nasi Kunyit. Not that bad, but I was disappointed.


Elaine ordered the Sizzling Chicken Chop (RM16.90), which tasted just like my Lemongrass Chicken. Tell me, how not to be disappointed?


However, to all IBM-ers, good news for you. Just flash your IBM card, and you will receive 10% discount as well as a complimentary signature toasted bread, which is really good. Love the toast (ah..., the saving grace!)


After lunch, we went to FOS kids, as I heard they are selling cheap Baby Gaps clothing. Well, we found it, but the clothing are not what I expected for my bb, so I went back empty handed.

All in all, the trip was disappointment for me, but CK did promise me another trip to Kura on the coming Monday, when I would be having my SCCM training session in Iverson again. Really looking forward to it!

No comments: