Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kura Japanese Restaurant @ One World Hotel

CK made good of his words about the Kura dinner treat. After my training finished from Iverson on Monday, I went to 1 Utama to meet him there.

Since I was early, around 4.30pm, of course I didn't waste time waiting for him. Put a lady in a shopping mall, and what do you think will happen?? Shopping of course~~

LOL.., I was having so much fun shopping around, managed to buy 2 dresses for myself from Colours. Love it~ And to surprised CK, I wore the new dress immediately, hehehe.., considered it as dating with my dear hubby.

Kura is open from 6pm dunno until what time, and when we arrived there, it was still very early, maybe 6.15pm. So understandly, it was still rather empty.

Walking inside the Kura is like walking through maze, too many hidden partition and such. However, we were seated near the window that overlook the One World garden and hotel reception. Very nice indeed.

The view from our seat.


As soon as we were seated, the waiter immediately served Ocha and cold towel. The Ocha is "kau" enough and very aromatic.


I ordered my all time favorite, Katsu don, it comes with miso soup and pickles. Hmm..., they only provide Tori Katsu Don (Chicken), despite being a Non Halal restaurant. And it's not bad! So far the best that I have ever tasted in Malaysia, but if compared to the Ton Katsu Don (Pork) that I had in Hakone, this still needs more kung fu.

My Katsu Don. (RM25)


Better view of the Katsu Don..., hehehhe.., drooling? Then move your good self to Kura now.


CK ordered their dinner set, well.., kinda forget the set name, if not wrong Unagi Zen. But basically it's Unagi with rice and side dishes. (RM42)


Love the Unagi, the sauce is just nice and not too overpowering. And the portion certainly is very big, so kind of worth the price. It is served with Mash Potato (I didn't eat this), chawan mushi, miso soup, fruits and salad. I love the chawan mushi, it's soooooo fragrant, they steamed it with lots of treasures, like prawn, mushroom, and dunno what else.

But let me tell you, the best dish from his set gotta be the SALAD!!!! Wow.., I simply love it. Crisp, fresh, sweet and most important of all the sauce! I do not know what sauce they used, but it is very unique. I am sure will crave for it for long time!

CK said the sauce reminded him of something nice from his hometown, but he just could not recall what it is.

The salad, MUST try!


I went back home as an extremely happy woman! Good food, nice dresses and when greeted by my bb's smile, I really feel so satisfied with my family!

Bliss.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys like Japanese food so much... I love it too...

CKNonie said...

Yeah.., but it's hard to find good Japanese food here.