We drove to Kota Tinggi after work, around 8.30 and arrived at 12.00 midnite. What a pleasant surprise awaiting for us. Mooi said she had steamed crabs ready for us, and my, she steamed 5 KGs OF CRAB for us!!!
So all of us (me, CK, Mooi & hb + 3rd sister) sat down and started to attack the crab until 2am. LOL!!! It's really delicious and nice sharing moment.
This is actually the left over, apparently it's too much for all of us.
The next day proved to be just as satisfying. Mooi brought us to the famous and VERY DELICIOUS Bak Kut Teh. This place is famous to Singaporean and the locals, but the BKT is really delicious. Definitely not the stuff I can find in KL.
It's located by the road side and will be quite hard to locate. No address provided, as I really dunno the place.
We went there around 10am and it is already so crowded that it's quite hard to get a table. But we were lucky that day. :D
Look at the crowd
We waited for 30 minutes before our dishes arrived. But then, no regret for the long wait.
The picture can't do justice enough for the BKT. But the broth is thick, the ribs are soft and melt in your mouth type. The rice, I really fall in love with the rice.
I was talking to Ning when the BKT arrived, and abruptly ended the call with her with the parting remark "BKT is more important than you at the moment" to which she screamed "TOO MUCH". Hehhehe, I purposely said that since I know how much she loves BKT.
After meal, me and CK went to Jusco Johor, to watch movie. But too bad, the "Red Cliff 2" started at 4pm which is too late for us, since we need to leave for SG.
A walk around Jusco and we decided to buy a tray of sushi for Mooi & family + 2 salmon fish head. I love salmon fish head steamed with ginger + garlic + oyster sauce. Talk about that later when I happened to cook and take pic of it.
Sushi that we bought
Notice the missing pieces?? It had been eaten by Ming before we even had the chance to take pic. He is a fast eater and BIG. No wonder he weighs 50kgs for an eleven-year-old.
Oh yes, we had a sumptous and late lunch. 3rd sister cooked Mussel Tom Yum and Mussel Omellete for us.
Look at the Tom Yum bombarded with lots of mussels!
And the mussel omellete and crab
Afterward, we departed to SG by Kommuter KTM. Reached SG about 9.00pm and was picked up by 5th sister.
We proceeded to what Evan termed as "standard procedure" for every family visit to Singapore.
What is the standard procedure?
First of all, a visit to Mount Faber.
Picture with SG symbol, the LION. My camera was having problem while in SG, so the quality is quite bad
Afterward, a visit to Henderson Wave. Singapore government has this notion to develop a bridge for pedestrian that can link all over Singapore. This is a very good place for jogging, bicycling and relaxing. I love the feeling of timber beneath my feet (took off my slippers while walking there). Too bad my camera refused to work on that night, so no pic to share. And yeah.., the bridge is very very high above ground, that my knees wobbled when I looked down at the cars and street below.
Continue in new post as it is quite late now. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment