Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How to Tell Husband about Pregnancy?

This post is a bit outdated, but better be late than never. :D

I imagined that husbands will always be excited when told that they are going to be a Daddy for the first time in their life, am I right?

Am wondering how you gals told your husband about your pregnancy and was it memorable?

Mine surely does. It still makes me smile when I think of it.

I bought the pregnancy tool kit when I noticed something amiss, and it proved to be positive. However, I didn't tell CK directly. Since I was not sure how accurate the test was.

But since my Mom was in town at that time, I told her, and she was so happy about it. She encouraged me to inform CK, but I wanted to keep it as a surprise.

Problem was, I couldn't contain myself too long. So while we were visiting Tian Hou Gong (天后宫), I was praying quite earnestly for my baby's wellbeing, and asked CK to pray. He refused at the beginning until I told him the reason. LOL.., when I told him, his face was so astonished and he almost jumped up and down with excitement.

He started to fuss around me about being careful and so on. Those happened on 2nd March 2008.

Was praying to Goddess of Mercy. It was quite slippery there.


We went to see Obstrician after 2 weeks and I was confirmed to be 6-weeks pregnant. By then, we started to worry about our Japan trip, but the Obs told us nothing to worry about if I didn't have any morning sickness, didn't lift heavy things, and not to tire myself out.

Just wondering how about your own experience? Care to share?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice sharing. How you felt "something amiss" . Be honest, I am not ready to be mom yet since the economy is so bad. I am still looking for job and wait a bit . Hopefully around 30 yr old is fine for me.

CKNonie said...

LOL.., something amiss is like your aunty didn't visit you for 2-3 months. :D