Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day, and Happy Chinese New Year, and Much More!

Happy Valentine's Day, Folks! As well as Happy Chinese New Year (albeit quite a belated one)! And not to forget, Happy Birthday to my blog!

And our new TV arrived today! And my boy fell down and knocked his eyebrow with a comb he was holding, and bled. Haih~

It's been 3 years, and with lots of absence, especially after the birth of my 2nd baby, but it's been eventful and very busy year for me.

Hmm.., let's get back not too far ago, since I can't remember all of them (My Gosh!).

The CNY this year fell on 3rd Feb 2011, so me, CK and the kids (no longer babies, they are toddlers now!) flown back to my hometown on 31st Jan 2011 with Fireflyz. My gal no longer qualified for free seat, so we had to purchase 3 tickets now. The flight was uneventful, however, I got scared out of my wit when I felt the tremor, well..., Fireflyz is still using those old planes, so it's quite scary. I am not sure whether I would still want to fly with it again or not.

For the CNY this year, we had our reunion dinner in Taipan @ Capitol Building. It is a posh and expensive restaurant. For my opinion, I really dislike the way that they serve the food. It's not personalized to our own family only. In fact, it feels like attending the usual wedding dinner, where we have to wait for the show to begin at 8pm (despite being told the food will be served at 6.30pm).

What I had in mind is more like, we arrived at our table, being served by a private waiter, eat at our own pace and have our own conversation and fun. Otherwise, all the family gathering feeling has disappeared from reunion dinner.

Oh yes, I think both my kids love the time we spent together at my home. Just behind my home, there is a big field, where some kind people feed the birds, mostly pigeons, with rice and corn. So by around 4pm, there will be several flocks of birds gathering there. And we would have fun by chasing the birds. How my son laughed when
the birds starting to fly around us when we chased them! And my gal was scared when the birds starting to surround us back (before being chased again!).





4 of us also hop on a motorcycle and explored around Cemara complex. It was fun! Snapped several interesting building that people called home.

The Siamese Temple


The White House


The Homey Country House


The Mansion


We also had fun playing with the flying wishing lantern, 孔明灯, which we bought from Malaysia and brought back. Was lucky we did that, since we bought 3 lanterns for rm10, whereas, in my hometown, they are selling 1 lantern for rm15. CRAZY!





My nephew seems to open up more to my gal. At least they are friends now and can play together. Unlike previously, he always complaint that my gal hit him, when all she did was trying to "sayang" him. :) Kids!

And, oh my, don't I get a great news by CNY! My younger brother is getting married!!! I am so excited and already planning another trip back for his wedding!

Good times always pass by quickly. In a blink of an eye, it's time for us to go back again. Haih~~~ How I wish we could prolong the time in my hometown longer. I know my kids enjoy their time there, albeit tiring.

And now, it's Valentine's day! As per usual, me and CK never celebrate it, as it's a waste of money (expensive flower + meal) and time (parking). We celebrated it by putting kids to sleep earlier, watched TV, and drank a whole bottle of white wine, and most importantly, snuggling together. Just my idea of Valentine!

:)

No comments: