I almost couldn't contain my excitement waiting for the trip back to Medan with my whole brood. It has been one year plus since I last stepped on Medan soil, and I definitely miss the food, the spa and the saloon!
I even mentally made a list on what food to eat, which spa to choose from and which saloon to go. Most importantly, DO NOT even forget a trip to optician while I were there. Well.., out of 10, I have only fulfilled 3 of my wishes. Ish..ish..ish……!
Well.., we used Fireflyz for the first time for this trip back. Although the flight is a comfortable one with light snack and drinks served, I found the engine sound very annoying when alighting the aircraft. It was way too loud and we had to cover babies' ears.
Fireflyz is based in the old Subang airport, and the airport is very comfortable compared to LCCT (where AirAsia is based). Not many shops are opened, yet, ways better than LCCT. Since we arrived early at the airport, we took a slow and comfortable stroll around it, and even sat down in McD for some snacks.
Once reached Medan airport, it was an excitement all over again when seeing Mom with 3rd and youngest Aunty there waiting to pick us up. Breezed through the immigration with no issue, and in no time at all I have reached HOME. Ah yes.., Home Sweet Home.
First thing to eat, Nasi Minang. We tried a newly opened shop called Berjaya. Delicious, but I still miss the Nasi Minang located in Jalan Tilak. Best, but it was not opened that day. Went to optician afterward and ordered 2 glasses to be made. It was darn cheap! RM40 per glasses with multicoat lenses.
Babies and CK were totally exhausted with the ordeal, so we all went to nap and at night time, Dad brought us to Warisan Restaurant for dinner as well as birthday celebration.
The next day was spent resting at home. Babies need some time to adjust to the environment as well as recuperating from the whole ordeal. Besides, I want them to have enough rest before the tomb cleaning ritual scheduled on Friday. Again, didn't manage to sneak out to spa nor saloon. L
Glimpse of Medan roadside market (pasar). Taken on our way to Tomb Cleaning.

Glimpse of some of the graveyard tombs in Medan.


Grandies tomb.
Offering for Grandies.
Well.., everything went smoothly with a little glitch. And parents brought us to Warisan Restaurant (again!!!!) to treat Aunty with her husband for lunch. After the lunch, me, CK and babies dropped down sleeping until night time. By then, we all were more exhausted than not.
Saturday was spent for a little gathering with old schoolmates, which lasted until 5pm. And the last day in Medan, we went to Kotacane for breakfast.
All went by in a glance. So fast, and before I even know it, the time in Medan has passed, and we were all back to KL again.
Sigh…, I really feel more miserable than previous. I would like to go back again!!!!
2 comments:
It's not Kotacane...
but Selat Panjang... ^^
Nice to have you guys back here...^^
LOL.., I mixed up the places. :P
Post a Comment