Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year - 恭喜发财

I was supposed to write an entry long before the CNY, but as usual unexpected things happened one after another, and I delayed till now.

Before CNY, I was busy spring cleaning my home. But so happy with the effort after everything is cleaned enough. On the eve of CNY, I helped MIL to prepare a special dish for the reunion dinner. It's called "Vietnamese Vegie" in Indonesia, learnt the recipe from Mom. But honestly, I am quite disappointed with the end result (the gravy just ain't sweet and sour enough!). However, the others said it was delicious, so not a total failure.

Vietnamese Mixed Vegie


Steamed Fresh Prawn turned out to be delicious though, and I am quite happy with it.


For the first day of CNY itself, we voted for doing BBQ in Rhythm Avenue Condo, so MIL had prepared all the marinated lamb, beef, chicken wings, fish, etc etc. Since it was a hot day, all opted for a cooling down swim in the condo pool, including me, CK and bb.

It was so exciting when I first intro bb to the pool, she was quite scared in the beginning, but after dipping her little feet into the pool several times, she just loves to play with the water! But after half hour dipping and swimming, she was cold enough that her lips turned blue, and I quickly scooped her up for a bath and change.

I would say the BBQ was such a failure, as it was dark, the maids BBQ-ing the meat and eating more than us. The delivery of meat from home to the condo took a long time that the fire died down before the next batch arrived, that all went back hungry. Me and CK went back and cooked Maggi Mee. LOL!

Lo and behold..., starting the 2nd day of CNY, my bb gal started to develop high fever, around 39C constantly for the next 4 days. Me and CK had to stay up awake at night for cold compress. The 4th day of CNY, my son's turn. :(

So for the whole week of our CNY leave, we stayed awake at night for cold compress for both babies. Even until today, my bb gal still has not regained her appetite, and bb son coughing with heavy flu. During these 2 weeks, we had visited the paed in SJMC twice, dr. Tan twice. Phew~~~

I just can pray for their speedy recovery, as for any parents, seeing their babies in pain is just like stabbing their hearts with knives.

I will upload the pics later, as all were taken by several cameras which are not mine. Time to hunt down the pics!

At the mean time, 恭喜发财,万事如意,身体健康,年年有余,招财进宝,大吉大利,步步高升,心想事成,龙马精神,虎虎生威,龙腾虎威,红包拿来!

Huat AH!!!!

No comments: